We've concentrated on producing the material for the House and media as being the priority.
This post is a record of our attempts in the democratic processes to realise our shared objective - rule of law.
1. Motion for an urgent debate - a Member could write to the Speaker requesting an urgent debate, which would occur immediate after question or a time determined by Speaker/Business Committee.
2. Bring it up in General Business which will be Wednesday this week after Question Time.
3. Introduce a Private Members Bill or a party introduces a Bill to the House.
4. A Notice of Motion – a Member seeks leave to place a motion on the Order Paper
5. A Member's Motion - where a Member seeks leave to introduce a Motion to the House with or without debate which might arise from the Clerk's report of the petition to the House today at the commencement of Parliamentary business.
- address the areas of confusion in the current Act
- make sure organisations have good processes in place
- make it easier for people to report wrongdoing
- create a single port of call for advice on when and how to use the Act
- introduce new reporting obligations for all organisations