I didn't write again for about 2 years as I figured there was not much else to say.
Dropbox link to pdf of the original:
http://users.erols.com/mwhite28/warstat0.htm#America (new url) uses diverse sources to develop a picture of War Dead through history up till 1900. Use this link to view "Deaths by Unpleasantness" in the 20th Century: http://users.erols.com/mwhite28/warstat8.htm (new url)
http://www.livescience.com/environment/070209_ap_gw_branson.html (new url to Branson story)
Also below is Smedley Butler's speech "War is a Racket." At least read "The Plot To Seize The White House, By Jules Archer" to gain some of his insight as to the motives and forces then driving man to War.
- We the common people fought the War.
- We the common people were maimed and killed in the War.
- We the common people had our lives and the lives of our families disrupted in the War.
- We the common people did not profit one iota from the War.
- We the common people suffered acute shortages of necessary materials as a result of the War.
- The only ones to profit were the War Supplies Providers and their servant Governments who improved their power and prestige.
- We the common people paid fully for the War. Lest we Forget, indeed.
http://www.guardian.co.uk/baefiles/story/0,,2173947,00.html from both USA investigations and earlier a domestic inquiry into fraud and corruption in respect to alleged payments of $1 billion to the Saudis in order to gain Armaments contracts.
- Terror noun 1. great fear, panic, or dread 2. a person or thing that inspires great dread
- Terrorism noun 1. the systematic use of violence and intimidation to achieve some goal 2. the act of terrorizing 3. the state of being terrorized
- Terrorist noun a. a person who employs terror or terrorism, especially as a political weapon
- Terrorize verb 1. to coerce or control by violence, fear, threats, etc 2. to inspire with dread; terrify
http://www.nytimes.com/2007/11/08/us/08vets.html?ref=us carried a story on homeless veterans of the current Terror. Compare this outcome with the ghastly situation on the ground in Afghanistan, Iraq and a host of other regions where the majority worship Allah. Each day 100 men, women, and children are sacrificed to the most blood thirsty God known.